Learned a pair of new hockey vocabulary words in the Caps locker room tonight. The first one, from Karl Alzner, actually makes a lot of sense: hope pass. As in "no-look, speculative, I hope there turns out to be someone at the end of this" pass.
The second one, courtesy of Andrew Gordon, is: cobb. As in goose egg, nil, nada, zip. Usage: "We were down four-cobb after about two periods and ended up coming back and winning a big one in overtime" is how Gordon described the game he appeared in last season in NYR when the Caps were down 4-0 and ended up winning 5-4 in OT.
Hope pass is a good one, and I hope to work it into my vocabulary. Cobb makes absolutely no sense, so I'm gonna try even harder to use it on a regular basis.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment