Wednesday, November 4, 2009
New-look Capitals power play
Watching the Capitals-Devils game and writing this as the Capitals are on their first power play of the game. With Alexander Ovechkin out the PP defense pairings are going to be Mike Green with Tom Poti and Brian Pothier (I have no idea who the second PP point is...were I a betting man, I'd say there isn't a second). Interesting that instead of setting up at his usual right defense spot, Green is lining up at the left point...Bruce Boudreau has not changed his power play scheme at all to reflect the change in personnel, but has simply inserted Green into Ovechkin's role as primary triggerman. Green will certainly make as much of his chances as Ovechkin did but it will be interesting to see whether Poti picks up Green's shooting tendency or looks down the right boards for Alexander Semin more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment